Thursday 20 September 2012

I looked at my blog and thought perhaps the addition of some of my allied vehicles might give the reader a better view of the projects I have undertaken as I have made a number of kits most of which reflect some of the most important allied vehicles used from Normandy and in the North African campaign. My biggest constraint is space as I work almost exclusively in 1:35 scale. My collection of tanks take up one shelf alone and there is almost no windowsill space left and I still have ideas for a number of new projects, although the cost is also very prohibitive as I have limited funds. My current project is a 15cwt British truck and I will post photos of this in production.




This is my SAS jeep with added detail.



A Sherman tank onboard a 50ft LCM, as used at OMAHA beach.



Further detail of US troops waiting to disembark.


Another view of my VOSPER MTB.


An M3 A1 as used during the Normandy campaign.

I also include a couple of other shots of the SCHNELLBOOT as detail shots for those that might want to tackle this model, which claims to be the largest 1:35 scale kit, although it is not as there is a massive railway gun available, which simply isn't practical  for a modeller with limited space. It looks  to be about 2m long and I believe weighs about 50lbs. More a museum piece I think.










No comments:

Post a Comment