Tuesday 25 September 2012

I've taken some more photographs, even though the light is absolutely terrible the rain and cloud cover has made today extremely grim. The first views are of my Sherman, made some time ago it lacks some attention to detailing but it still gives a good idea of a laden D Day tank.


The next view is of the British Churchill tank.


The next view is of the Panzer mark IV with a high velocity 75mm gun. I believe that some units operating in Normandy were hand painted in this style of camoflage, which I tried to recreate here.


This image is of the brilliant T34.

The Germans tried to recreate the features of this tank in the Panzer mark V

All of these models are from Tamiya, with the exception of the T 34 which is a Dragon kit. My  final view today is of the tank that was most feared by the allies, the Panzer mark VI or Tiger. It did have some impressive results on occasion but did not live up to its reputation, partly because of unreliability and also simply because the Nazis could not produce enough of them, mainly due to damage to the infrastructure from allied bombing, another subject I shall touch on in further blogs.
 Well that's all for today, I hope you enjoy the images and how I came to be interested in tanks. If you would like to comment please feel free.  

No comments:

Post a Comment